What is CycloFemme?
CycloFemme is a socially-driven grass-roots celebration of women on bikes. Our annual Mother’s Day ride unites riders, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity or bicycle preference to share in the joy of cycling. We are of a growing community, for a growing community, and 100% volunteer-based.
In our first year, 163 rides were registered in 14 countries with many others joining in to celebrate in their own special way. By our third, we grew to 303 rides in 25 countries, including participation from Bicycle Share programs in three metropolitan areas to reduce the barrier of owning a bike. Ride with us this May 8 as we Honor the Past, Celebrate the Present, Empower the Future of Women in Cycling.
“Let me tell you what I think of bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel…the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood.”
-Susan B. Anthony
Who’s Behind This?
Girl Bike Love is about riding a bike, racing a bike, commuting by bike and more. We are Passion Pedalers. The blog provides personal experiences, technical information, and gear reviews with a focus on what women want. By bringing a community of women together to ride with and learn from, we will have a louder more unified voice for women’s cycling. The mission of Girl Bike Love is to create a unified voice for women in cycling, encouraging and empowering more riders. By highlighting the health and environmental benefits, community building and positive social impact that cycling can have on our world, we hope to engage more female riders. Chief Passion Peddler: Sarai Snyder.
Language Dept. is a NYC-based multi-disciplinary design firm driven by stories and how they are delivered. We create visual and verbal languages to make ideas understood and felt. An office of six women with different backgrounds, we are city commuters who love the freedom that bikes bring to life in the city. Principals: Tanya Quick and Jenn Cash.
At the core of CycloFemme are the women, children, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers and friends who join us, support us and give this movement momentum. We ride together.
Want to lend a hand?
Here are ways you can support CycloFemme:
- WITH YOUR VOICE. Share the CycloFemme story through your personal or professional networks, using #CycloFemme.
- WITH YOUR BRAND. Licensing partnerships with like-minded brands will be critical to our fund-raising for developing projects, and for spreading the word.
- WITH YOUR TIME. If you or someone you know would be a valuable asset to CycloFemme, please email us.
- WITH YOUR WALLET. All donations are tax-deductable, through our fiscal sponsor, the League of American Bicyclists and go to support promotional costs of reaching the broadest audience. Donate.
- WITH YOUR BODY. Ride with us, on May 8, 2016 and every day until.
LATEST PRESS RELEASE:
CycloFemme Registration Opens with Rides in 7 Countries – 2016